Sunday, October 12, 2008

A visit with Grandma

This past weekend we drove up to Rocklin (which is about 2 1/2 hours away, just North of Sac) to see Mike's Mom. She hasn't met Chloe, and had been begging us to make a trip up there - she doesn't drive much. We had a fun time, she gave the girls each a bag of fun presents - and of course, they loved them. While we were there, we went to Johns Incredible Pizza, which has all you can eat salad, pizza, pasta, & dessert, along with fun games for the kids. Here's a few pics from our day


Grandma Genny, Riley, & Mike (I think they all have the same smile)


This is her first time in a restaurant high chair...uh huh, NASTY DIRTY. I felt like showering her in hand sanitizer afterwards.


Us adults get to talking, we look over and Riley was chug-a-luggin Mikes soda - she NEVER has soda, so this must have been a real treat!


Riley & Mommy on a kid ride - wasn't sure it would hold me


OK, I think this was my favorite part of the whole trip. Riley got on this big ride all by herself - look at her with all those big kids! I don't even think she was tall enough to go, but she did anyway...and she LOVED every minute of it, with all of the ups and downs and ups and downs. I think Mike was in tears at the fact that his little girl is getting so big, but he wouldn't admit it.

3 comments:

Kaija said...

so cute! yes, you are right, they all have the same smile. hope you are all well! you look well!

JJ said...

did he really cry???

The Potter Pack said...

Hey ... is that ride at Incredible John's ??? Great America has one and it is Dylan's favorite !! There is an adult seat in the middle so Mike and I have ridden with him before ... but he loves it with or without mommy !!