Monday, July 13, 2009

Trying to be a good Mom!

I'm lazy.

I would love to just to sit around all day.

But, what would be the point of me being a "stay at home Mom" if my kids aren't experiencing the world and learning about it.

I feel like my kids are often at the mercy of "go along with Mom while she needs to get things done"

I really want to do things for THEM!! Here are a few of my attempts:



Making Snickerdoodles and sittin' on the kitchen floor lickin' the beaters! I, of course, taught them how to appropriately get your tongue around the beaters, so that we don't miss a drop.





Made another beach trip, I'll probably go every week this month! This day was GLORIOUS! We stayed for 3 hours! - that's long for a 1 & 3 year. Showed them how to layout and get maximum tanning exposure. just kidding.

Went to a farm (to my san jose peeps - its free! Emma Prusch Park). Don't get too excited, it was a small farm, but they had places to sit and eat, and a huge park. Our favorite part, was walking to the bathroom, and getting scared by the 2 chickens, chillin by the phone, pretty funny. I discussed with Riley that we need to eat before we play, because picnics are really important to all people, not sure where I pulled that one from. I know she was like "whatever Mom" but it got her to sit and eat.



5 comments:

Kaija said...

It looks to me like you are doing A GREAT JOB doing fun things with your girls!!!

JJ said...

You're an awesome mom!!! We will have to expose them to Rock Band, now that Riley is a tad older, she may appreciate it more. =)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big your girls are. They're so stinkin' cute. I can definitely relate to the being lazy part and I've only got a seven month old. Hopefully I'll get motivated soon and learn what there is to do in Rexburg.

Gaylene said...

Good job. I was thinking the same thing today. I need to make a list of things I want to have the kids do this summer and then put it on my calendar. If I wait for a free day, it'll never happen.

Tiffany said...

As my husband would say... that's a ROOSTER by the phone, not a chicken... LOL :) I still say baby cow... he says it's a calf. hmmm you can tell who grew up on a farm and who didn't! Cute photos... you are doing GREAT at being an awesome mommy! Big hugs to you!