Thursday, November 12, 2009

My First Quilt

Hours and hours of measuring, cutting, sewing, unsewing, seam ripping, pinning, etc.

And here it is!

My whole idea was to make a boy quilt, in the hope to send out "boy vibes" for when we have another baby one of these years!!  It was a super fun experience for me (and Sasha & Carol). I'm still not sure if I'm going to actually use it on a baby, or just keep it hidden and un-ruined!


I fell in love with this tree fabric, I thought it was sooo cute!

10 comments:

Maren said...

Very impressive Jaime!

JJ said...

Great job, Jaime!

Unknown said...

Very cool. I just made a boy quilt for my sister. It's really fun, and gives you such a rewarding feeling, But, after I've done a quilt, I always need a break from sewing for a while.

Lyndsey said...

Looks great Jaime! I intended to give mine to one of our kids, but in the end I never did - I wasn't sure if I could ever repeat one, and didn't want it ruined!

The Jackson's said...

Carol taught another class then. I loved learning how to make it. It does take forever, but I loved it. It looks great!

Caroline Elia Seguritan said...

It's very cute!

April said...

That is so awesome that you made a quilt! I am very impressed! We'll see you guys in a few days!
-April

Ian, Jessica, Halle, Camdyn, and Quinn! said...

It's gorgeous! Job well done! Your my inspiration! :) See you guys soon!!!

Ryan and Kim said...

Love It! Great job on your first quilt.

The Potter Pack said...

Hey Jamie ... I miss you ! Looks like you have been busy. I need your # my phone got stolen ... and I lost all info ... keep in touch !