Monday, May 3, 2010

Thanksgiving in the Spring

Last week, I made this recipe that came from my Mom, its called Turkey Casserole.

It tasted so yummy and comforting, it reminded us of Thanksgiving. Its easy too!

Try it!

2 boxes of prepared stuffing
2 cups of diced, cooked turkey (I only had chx breasts, it still tasted great)

Place cooked stuffing on the bottom of a 9x13
Add turkey on top of stuffing

Topping
Cook all together in pan until thick:
1/2 c butter (I used smart balance)
1/2 c flour
2 c chicken broth
1/2 c milk
1 tsp salt
2 well beaten eggs

Pour over turkey

Top with 1/2 cup bread crumbs
Bake 35o for 20-25 minutes, or until topping is cooked through.

Serve with Cranberry Sauce.

Yumm! Enjoy your Thanksgiving in the spring!!

1 comment:

April said...

Yummie! I'll have to try it! I love Thanksgiving food! I love the picture of your cute girls at the beach. Is that picture from last year? It's cute.
-April