I have been checking the weather all week, and yesterday was the day to hit the beach! We went to a Natural Bridges, which is a Monarch Butterfly preserve. Although we missed the butterflies by a month (they all migrate in February, there were a few stragglers left). They have little visitors center showing all the wildlife in the area.
We had lunch on the beach, played in the sand for a couple of hours, watched some surfers, then adventured over to climb the rocks in the background here, where the tide pools were.
After the beach, we drove down the wharf, where they had a bunch of sea lions laying out on the deck - they are always so fun to watch! Then topped it off with a piece of candy from the big candy store.
I am so glad to have had this time with my girls. There is something so peaceful about the beach. I feel such a calm, and I think the girls get it too, they can just play for hours there. I hope I can always be close to the beach.

1 comment:
Whenever I visit cortnie's blog I always pop over to yours.
I think that is so fun that you have done all these things with your girls. I wish I lived by the beach, but we will probably always be land-locked!!!
Post a Comment