I never thought I was skinny.
I always thought I was kinda pretty.
I have always been lazy.
This year has been a changing year for me. In January Mike and I booked a cruise for our 10 year anniversary coming up almost a year later in December. So this was it! I was determined that I would look good in a swimsuit. And just generally feel good about my body.
I have a VERY pear shaped body. I have ugly legs. I even got made fun of for these features in High School! And then after my babies I had a significant gut too. And each year the pounds slowly crept on, kind of without me noticing. I always just figured that was my body shape, and I couldn't do anything about it!
"So what I have to buy a size 12 pant, its just the cut of the pants."
"Ooooh look at that loose shirt that will hide my belly!"
"Maxi dress, yes please! Hide my ugly knees"
This may sound pretty self deprecating, but it was true! Each of us have an inner monologue about our own insecurities. This was mine. And the funny thing is I was still confident in myself, still very happy with my life. And I was active too, having babies doing things with family or friends all the time.
I even scoffed at those people who watched what they ate, or exercised everyday, thinking they were fanatics, and I just wanted to bake and eat it. And my life was making sure that everything got finished so that I could watch TV {pretty much} until I fell asleep. I did exercise periodically, and tried to eat fruits & veggies. But that just wasn't enough.
Enter Beachbody.
My husband did P90X and lost 35 lbs! Oh man did he look good. So then I got "Turbo Fire" I LOVED it. I did it every day, but didn't do the diet, lost 5 lbs(ish), and then got pregnant with baby # 4.
And I stopped exercise completely - until that baby was 18 months.
So , then we booked that cruise...And we bought T25 & P90X3, and started on Shakeology. (Can I just say that Shakeology is the favorite part of my day?)
I did T25 for about 4 months, and loved it. Then I started P90X3, and that is when my body ... wait for it... STARTED CHANGING SHAPE!!!!!!!!!! NO joke. My legs shrunk, my thighs hips and booty shrunk. I started seeing muscles in my stomach. This was the best feeling ever. And it was hard!!
Thats the thing I love about Beachbody. Its NOT a gimmick, or a quick fix! You have to put in the work, you have to NOT put junk in your stomach. It can be so challenging some days. But so thrilling and empowering to know that it was YOU who did it.
My new motto for life is - I can do hard Things! And I did, and I will continue. I set goals, blew past them and now I have new goals set for my body my health, and lifestyle. Another great part is that my workout is 30 minutes, my kids are in the other room watching a show. I love not getting ready for the gym, and dragging my boys there too. Its way more efficient for me!
Now I feel almost skinny
And I am sooo not lazy! (except for Sunday mornings)
I recently got the amazing opportunity to be a Beachbody Rep. So if you want to try this with me, Or just have questions
... send me a message, or an email, or call me!
Its amazing!

3 comments:
Did you like T25 or P90x3 better??
I did P90x for about 6 weeks when I was trying to fit into a bridesmaid dress, but I've fallen off the wagon and desperately want to get back on. I love both Tony & Shaun, so now I'm torn on which product to get!
Inspiring! You look amazing :)
I just realized that second one is in my backyard in texas.
Post a Comment