I'm not sure why, but this has been a really hard week with the little ones. Tonight I put Riley to bed, right after I swatted her behind, dragged her into her room (kicking and screaming), and without her precious "blanky". Now, all I can think of is the old saying "never go to bed angry", Well Riley is in bed and I'm angry. I'm pretty sure Riley didn't even touch her toys today, she pretty much just got into EVERYTHING she's not supposed to. I don't think I've been more frustrated with her in her whole life. Just when I think we're doing OK and that I'm finally figuring out this whole Mom thing, I have one of these weeks where I want to rip my hair out. Sometimes I think she'll never get it! She keeps doing the same things over and over again, then right when she sees I'm about to blow, she says "I'm sorry Mommy - Hugs?"
Any Moms been there??? Or am I just awful? You can tell me I'm awful, cuz it just might be true.
10 comments:
Been there. Done that. Still doing that. You're not awful!!
I've had that happen when I'm watching my nieces. When the older one woke up, she came out and gave me a hug & said, "Auntie I love you". If you're awful, then I'm getting a head start. :)
I'm in the same boat, for the past 8 years! Kids are resiliant and very forgiving and they love us un-conditionally, this is why we need to become as little children. They are such great examples to us. I'm sure she knows you love her. When you spend time with them like at the pumpkin patch and making cookies, they know. Mom's aren't perfect and we all get frustrated. We just have to tell them that we are sorry and give them a hug and tell them that we love them. Often times when kids act out it's because they can't or don't know how to verbalize what's frustrating them. Just try to remeber what you love about them and what makes them so cute and your anger and frustration slips away. Good luck!
-April
i know we already had this conversation this week. I feel ya though! Everyday we just get to start new. Even though sometimes that doesn't work. I think your fabulous.
Oh, man, I've soooooo been there! Don't worry about it, you're a fabulous mom.
We have all been there, most of us more than we would like to admit. Hang in there and remember that it won't last forever.
Lisa
Did we just confuse Renata with Riley? Renata has recently started thrashing her body on the floor, kicking and screaming--ugh! One thing that has worked is that I tell her that we are a team and that we have to work together. She likes that idea and it usually help her cooperate. Good luck!
CPS is getting a call!!
If you come to Utah, I can take Riley for a little while...
It's amazing how often I have had to apologize to my kids over the years for losing my cool. They are very forgiving though and sometimes even apologize to me for losing their cool. Patience does seem to come with time... or else I'm just too old to get riled up as easily. Jared often points out that I am not nearly as strict and tough on the kids now as I was when he was little. Oh well. We learn as we go and I think you have a great little family and are a great mom!!
Post a Comment