Thursday, November 6, 2008
The Spooky Old Tree
When I was a little girl, my Mom bought us this book along with a read aloud tape. I probably wouldn't be able to count the times we listened to it. My sister Keri and I would just listen to it over and over again. While we were at the library last week I found this book on the shelf. I was so excited to read it to Riley and I hoped she would enjoy it as much as I did. She loved it! After reading it to her everyday, she can now "pretend read" it by herself. I am so happy she liked it, because I STILL want to read it over and over again... aaah nostalgia!
On the front there is a little medallion saying "40 year" anniversary and I was thinking "man this book is OLD!" Then, I realized that's only 9 years older than me! Dang, I'm old too. Does anyone else remember this book?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That's awesome! I don't remember that book, but I wasn't really into those types of books. I was too much of a nerd! LOL! I did enjoy the Bernstein Bears collection for awhile though, but that is about it.
That book was WAY before my time. Please, I'm insulted!! Fine, I remember the book cuz u and Keri did listen to it over and over and over!!!!!!
We had tons of Berenstain Bear books. I loved then then and love them now. It's fun when our kids like what we liked. Somehow it makes me feel more connected...and younger.
i remember it too! the berenstein bears before the tv show. inside, outside, upside down. the A book, the B book. (did they ever do more letters?) our current over and over book from the library is skippyjon jones, with a cd, so even christopher figured out how to put it on by himself. luckily, it is due today!
Post a Comment