Friday, December 12, 2008

A few boring Mom moments

You don't need to keep reading, if you don't want to hear some cute simple stories about my girls. I just have to document these cute moments now, or else I'll never remember them.
( Dad's hat)
* Riley named her baby "Baby Jesus" yep she'll be bearing her testimony next month too.
* Chloe learned how to drink the bath water, yuck
* Riley knows that when Jesus was born there was a new star in the sky, and that Jesus's Mom's name was Mary, and that his Dad's name is Mike :)
*Chloe has figured out entertainment via the Tupperware cupboard in the kitchen

* Tonight, Riley and I had an interesting little conversation:
" Mom, I'm mad at you"
" Why Riley?"
" Because I'm mean"
" No you're not, you're a nice girl"
" Oh, OK"
* Riley's new favorite song is now Happy Birthday, and probably 10 times a day she brings me something wrapped in paper, saran wrap, blankets, or anything she can find. Then, she sings me Happy Birthday, and asks me to do it back to her. Its funny, because she gets excited every time I give the present back, she'll say "what is it? oooh I like it!"
* I got a lamo x-mas plate from the $1 store, Riley insisted on eating on it, later that evening, I ask her to go get a diaper from her room and she comes back with 2 bows and says, "Mom, I want these in my hair!" - such a Fancy Nancy (we just discovered these books and of course she loves them)

* This year Riley has some sort of concept of who Santa Claus is and what his purpose is. She asks EVERYDAY to go see Santa Claus. I just tell her he lives too far away. We wrote this letter together, these are 3 things she wanted from Santa, if she only knew how much more is out there!


* Both Riley and Chloe have become partners in crime too. Riley drags Chloe everywhere and gets her into everything that she's into. They seriously adore each other... I hope that lasts forever.

I can't get enough of these girls!

6 comments:

Gaylene said...

Kids do the darndest things. I have a little book that I write down things they do and say that are funny. Now that they are older they go back and read what they said and did and they think it is hilarious.

Kaija said...

I love it! Thank you for sharing these memories with us!

Lyndsey said...

SO cute! I love hearing stories of what little kids do and say! I love how Riley is loving Happy Birthday - tthat was such a cute story!

Nelson family said...

Cut to three years from now the crimes aren't so cute anymore, like assault and battery. You know how those younger ones get beat up constantly. HaHa Riley is my baby girl!! She's following in my footsteps as the eldest. I love it!!

April said...

Those girl's are soooo precious! I just can't stand it! We miss you guys soooo much!!!! Have a wonderful Christmas.
-April

Jenny and Chris Dixon said...

Thank you for posting thoose stories. Your girls are soo much fun. Elizabeth likes to play Birthday party also and give out gifts and she likes to pretend her bath sponge is a Birthday cake, so everynight we sing happy Birthday in the bath tub. Isn't life fun!