Monday, February 2, 2009

Precious little Prayers

Riley always wants to say the prayer! Sometimes she'll just start saying it, even after we have begun. I love how she bows her head, I love that she folds her arms the whole time, I love that she actually closes her eyes, I love that she waits to eat while the prayer is being said, I love, love, love that she wants to say it all the time, I hope she understands how special and important prayer really is.


She usually says the same things, and it goes something like this:
thank you my friends
thank you Jesus
thank you church
thank you Jesus (she says this twice)
make good choices
love thee

Then the other night, Mike wasn't home from work yet and she actually added, "Daddy get home safely." I was so proud of her actually thinking of that all by herself.

I adore her precious little prayers.

5 comments:

Kaija said...

what a sweet girl! thanks for sharing this.

JJ said...

so cute! i work in the nursery, and that is something wonderful to see when children are not afraid to pray! you're awesome Jaime!

Jenny and Chris Dixon said...

Children's prayers are so special and from the heart. It sounds like Riley is doing just that. That's a cute picture of her in black and white, I love her smile.

The Jackson's said...

THey are so cute. We used to make my nephew say them when we watched him. He would ask that he could pass the next level on a star wars game. Hilarious, but so sincere and sweet. (the decoration was an out fit from Fredricks that is less material than a string bikiny :)

Ryan and Kim said...

That is super precious! You guys are good parents.