Thursday, July 3, 2008

Our Road Trip to Utah

Yesterday, my sister Traci and I (with the kids) left for Utah. 12 HOURS later we made it. This was Chloe's first trip to Utah, the picture here shows her sleeping, but that was certainly not the case for most of the trip. She would only sleep for a half hour at a time, then would be awake for about an hour, and I had to put on a song and dance just to keep her from crying. It wasn't as awful as I thought. Riley on the other hand was a champ! We watched movies, slept, ate snacks, made pictures from the clouds, told funny stories, tried to ignore Chloe crying, and stared at the beautiful (and BORING) landscape. We're sad that Daddy couldn't come for another week, but we'll put up plenty of pictures so he can know exactly what we're doing (and how much money we're spending :) We're glad to be here, and spend some quality time with the Pratt family!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

JJ said...

Mike mentioned you were on your way to utah! Glad to hear it wasn't too terrible of a drive! I look forward to reading your Utah adventures!

Julie said...

I am so jealous. Are you happy I am leaving a message?!?! I love my Zamit and I hope that you guys have a fantastic trip. Give hugs and kisses to my cute nieces(all of them not just your girls, haha) Love you, Julie

Angela said...

Jaime...glad you made it there safely. Missed you at the track. See ya when you get back!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys had a nice adventure back to Utah. Glad you got to see your family. Just remember, there is an open invitation to come out East. Maybe we can go to the Hill Cumorah pageant....?