They had to send out a search team
Scary stuff, it could've been worse, I guess. Here's the story:
We go to the discovery museum (which we have season passes to, so she's been there plenty of times before) and we first go to the new Alice in Wonderland exhibit.They have this dark tunnel when you first walk in, she climbs right in, so I go to the other side to wait for her. . . I'm waiting, I'm waiting . . . she never comes through! I go back and look and she is nowhere to be found. I ask the workers if they saw little girl in a yellow dress go out of the room, they say no.
I walk out of the room and STILL don't see her, they ask me if I want help, YES!! I'm racing- with Chloe in the bjorn - through the bottom floor, some guy with a walkie-talkie is following me, doing who knows what?- I was about to yell at him to go somewhere else to look, and get off my back - but decided to keep my cool, she had to be somewhere!
The manager comes up to me and asks me to wait in the front while their search team does their job, so that they don't lose me, then she sends about 15 workers out to search the entire place.
I'm waiting for about 10 minutes (which seemed like an eternity) and I can't stop thinking
"I'm gonna be on the news"
Headline:
2 year old kidnapped!
2 year old ran over as she runs out of museum and into the street!
2 year old gets caught in the elevator and suffocates!
2 year old falls down stairs and dies in museum!
(sometimes I hate the thoughts that run through my head)
And while this is going on, I think "How could we ever live without our little Riley?"
Just then, the manager comes to me and says, WE FOUND HER, she's upstairs.
I walk into the "Under 4" play area and she's just chillin' on the bench, shoes off, sitting by some workers, with a big grin on her face, completely clueless as to what just happened. I wasn't sure if I should scoop her up and hug & kiss her - or put her in TIME OUT
It scares the crap out of me, that she would walk that far away from me, without a blink of an eye. I'm glad we were indoors and that there were workers to help. Knowing Riley, this won't be the last time this happens
I'm glad that 20 minutes is over.
Here's the tunnel "aka rabbit hole"
13 comments:
How scary!! I'm glad she was ok! Twenty minutes. That's a long time!
I know that feeling ... however it has never lasted that long ... it is the worst feeling and so very scary! I am so glad she is ok ... I posted some beach pics finally on our page - our computer is being fixed - so, Mike brought his home so I could blog ! I will email you some too ...
first of all jaime, you're freaking hilarious..."i'm gonna be on the news"....that's classic...secondly, that sucks! i have had that feeling before when i've taken care of other people's kids, you don't want to know what things went through my head, not sure it's even close to a PG-13 rating. at any rate, it's good to know she's so independant.
I'm so sorry! That is so scary. I'm glad everything is okay. When Joshua got lost (just the other day, but for only a minute) I both hugged and yelled...in the middle of the store...I felt like a lunatic!
Oh my gosh! That is horrible! I can't believe she made it all the way upstairs unnoticed. Who let a parentless child in the toddler area?! I would've been freaking out, too. I'm glad that you found and she was okay. I don't know what Brinley and Maddie would do without Riley :)
Holy Cow! I am so glad that she is okay. No fun stuff.
I'm SO sorry. I HATE it when that happens. That happened to Danny the other weekend at the reservoir. Luckily he went and found a lifeguard. I hate that feeling though. I'm so glad everything's okay.
oh my goodness!! i would be freaking scary if i were you! i dont think i can control myself of not yelling them, but I am so glad to see Reiley is back! but funny to read you think you gonna be on the news, haha!
I'm so glad our minds think alike. I'm always thinking the worst possible scenario in those situations. Yes, there would be some serious consiquences for that little stunt!
Your site is way cuter than mine!!! I just went to the templates and picked one. My friend gave me a huge 3 page email that told all of the html codes to change and sites to go to and such, after working almost 3 hours on it one day I had my site totally screwed up. So I said a quick prayer and just tried to put it back together. I opted for the ready made templates.
I can't believe that happened! You are the worst parent cuz that has NEVER happened to me! LOL Why didn't you call me. My poor Riley!!
We once lost our son at Frys. Actually my husband did. The store went into complete lockdown and security was monitoring everyone leaving the store with a young child. Very frightening. I wish the Museum had those stamps that Chuck E Cheese uses or the bracelets The Jungle uses for safety. Any old crazy person could just hang out at the museum and leave with a kid. It's very scary. It's hard at the Museum when the second kid is old enough to run in a different direction then your other child.
oh my goodness...that is the most frightening experience a parent can have. we lost kyle at the santa cruz boardwalk arcade for about 30 minutes. he was in the little police station there. the panic and heart-stopping feeling is sickening. i'm so glad all was well with you and yours!
Post a Comment