Today my lesson in primary was on Helaman 5. Last night, I was reading the chapter out loud to Mike, and I began to feel the spirit so strong, that I had to fight back tears, Mike says, its OK Jaime, don't be embarrassed, just cry. So I did.I don't often have these experiences or feelings in my weekly lesson prep. But I just know it was testifying to me that those words were true. . . and not only that they are true, but that they were written for me.
I think we all need these little experiences, just to give us a little reminder of how important this gospel is, and that it really is the center of our existence. I am so thankful for who I am, where I am, and mostly for a Heavenly Father who believes in me.
"Peace, peace be unto you, because of your faith in my Well Beloved, who was from the foundation of the world." Helaman 5:47
5 comments:
Thank you for sharing this, Jaime. I had a similar experience during Sister Crawford's talk in sacrament meeting. The word of God carried straight into my heart by the spirit. Solidified by the time to reflect afforded by Maren's flute solo. Special moments that build testimonies. I was so impressed by the way you worked with the three guys in your class today on their testimonies. Really special. You were so gentle and encouraging. Thank you for the time and dedication and spirit and prayer you give to your primary calling.
That is sweet Jaime ... my favorite scripture is Helaman 5:12 - I know how powerful experiences can be sometimes ... and I love those experiences ...
Getting all deep...that is awesome. I wish I could cry like that.
Okay I am crying just reading about your experience (could be the pregnancy hormones). We teach the 14/15 year olds in Sunday School and when it is my turn to teach I often find myself holding back the tears....I'm not sure how the 15 year old boys would take me crying:) Thanks for sharing, great verse.
thanks for sharing that experience with us Jamie. I wish I could see you guys before I deploy. Hope you guys are doing great
Post a Comment