
Our stake had a winter ball, and Mike and I had some friends that were kind enough to babysit, so we got dressed up and off we went.
It was kinda funny, it felt like we were going to our senior prom together. We even got our picture taken together, and it made me think:
Would Mike and I date if we were in high school together??... sad to say, but probably not.
(I think we would have had the same friends, and I think that's where it would have stayed. We were even in our singles ward for 2 years and never discovered each other. Our romance started at the right time for both of us, and it was a perfect whirlwind!)
So here's my question :
Would you have dated your husband in high school??
11 comments:
Our first date was my senior prom. I was still in high school when we started dating, but he was an RM. Does that count?
I would not even date him NOW. haha
Good question. I don't think we would have. Only for the fact that I don't think he would have been attracted to me. I am rather short. I didn't really date tall guys either. Plus he hung around a group I wouldn't have.
Like you already know...we were high-school sweethearts! Paul 15 and me 16. Good times!
I'd have to say no. I was so shy growing up that if I liked I guy I wouldn't even speak to him. The only guys I really went out with in high school were friends I'd had for a long time, that I felt comfortable enough with. I don't think we'd have been friends in high school, we don't have many interests in common, even now! But I've gotten over my shyness enough to talk to him. :-)
I did and I still would!I love your blog!
No way. Jim was a rich popular jock that traveled. I was the nerdy kid that sat with the other Mormons in the quad and did scripture chase games - boring! We were destine to meet though!
That is so cute! It does look like a senior prom picture. Jon and I would not have dated in high school because he was a rebel bad boy and I was a seminary counsel historian! Ha ha!
-April
I was probably too much of a goodie-goodie for Ryan. I would be so nervous around guys that I actually liked that I would act weird and scare off the guy. So even if we did date in high school...it wouldn't have lasted long!
Oh yeah, love at first sight.
I knew David in high school and would have loved to date him but his best friend asked me out instead. David had a girlfriend which sort of made him unavailable. I was patient though and after his mission I convinced him that I really didn't ever like his best friend..... I liked him.
Post a Comment