Thursday, June 5, 2008

Bye Young Womens

Last Sunday, I was released from the Young Womens presidency about 10 minutes before sacrament meeting and I was kinda shocked! I've been in Young Womens for about a year and a half, and even though there's been struggles, its been such a joy and a learning experience for me. When I was first called, our ward was paired with a spanish branch (which had about 20 YW). A few months ago we split from them and we only have 3 YW (2 of which have recently gone inactive). So our lessons are taught to 1 girl, Emily. I am so proud of her, she has grown so much in the past few months, and I think she is one of the sweetest girls I have ever met! I am very sad to leave Young Womens and I know I was called there for a reason. I am now called to teach the Valiant 9 class, which has some great kids in it, and I know there will be plenty of learning experiences waiting for me there!

This is our presidency with Emily on my last night of mutual with them.
(Susan, Emily, Ali, Jaime)

We went to see her dance performance for the activity, she did a great job!
(Emily's in the middle)

3 comments:

Toria said...

I can't believe there is only one young woman! I started crying. I love Emily, but I love so many of the other girls and I'm sad that they're split up and inactive. Today in church the YM and YW sang in our ward and I thought of my time in Young Women's in Willow Glen. Too bad we were never in together!
Good luck with Valiants- that's what I'm doing now too.

kim cherry said...

that made me sad too! i think that was my best and favorite calling so far. i miss those girls and it is sad to hear that some of them have gone inactive. :( you're new calling should be a fun one!!

The Kelly Family said...

I was surprised when they released you, too. I didn't know that there was only 1 active YW in our ward. I bet you'll have fun being in primary.