Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Big Girl Bed
We finally got a big girl bed for Riley! Riley loved it at first and wanted to play on it, but going to bed on it was a completely different story! Here's how the night went:
7:30 - read books, lay with her for a few minutes
8:00 - she's out of bed
8:15 - lay with her a little longer, she falls asleep
1:00 am - I wake up to her staring at me, I walk her back to bed
1:10 - she's in our room again - I go lay with her in her bed
1:30 - she's back in our room, I put her back in her crib
1:40 - she climbs out of her crib and is back in our room, Mike walks her back to her room, says if she gets out, that he'll put her in timeout
1:50 - she's back in our room, Mike puts her in timeout! - then lays her back down
2:00 - she's back in our room! I take her back and lock the door so she can't get out (am I a mean mom or what) - she then screams for 5 minutes
2:15 - Mike goes in and puts her in her crib, she finally falls asleep
Total craziness! Can anyone help?? What do I do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Hey ... I rememeber the transition with Dylan to a big twin bed ... when he turned 2 because Zoie needed the crib. It wasn't difficult at first ... I think he was kinda scared and never attempted to get out of bed ... but that soon faded and it is not easy putting him to bed now - esp. if he isn't tired enough to sleep right then. We just keep on doing our routine - kinda like you ... and it takes a few tries some nights ... but others he goes right to sleep. My goal everyday is to wear him out so night night is easy !!
hi mike and jamie! i found your blog through kathi's. blogs are so great cause you get to catch up and see your friends families growing! your daughters are beautiful. :)
dude, when are you gonna let me babysit this one again????
Jaime,
Oh I remember the days. However, Camryn was only 18 mon. when dana decided it was time. I hate to say it and it may not be like this for you, but it was 6 months of putting her back in bed. Not at night though. She slept fine once asleep, but getting her there sucked. Just don't give up :)
Melissa
duct tape...
I think that what you are doing is all they can do...we are still having an issue with Kerrie. Sometimes I am so tired that I don't wake up and then in the morning, I find her asleep on the floor in the middle of our doorway. So good luck...I really enjoyed the duct tape idea...but I don't know how much our girls would enjoy it. :)
good luck with that. I traded the sleeping in a big bed for no regular afternoon naps. It made bedtime easier because he was so so tired, but the day was ridiculous (and still is sometimes- I'd say I get maybe 2 daytime naps from him/ week). I was going to suggest asking Melissa, but it looks like she already weighed in. She seemed to be the pro doing it with Camryn so early!
Well.... at least she LOOKS like she enjoys it. :)
Post a Comment